Good Morning Fellow Bloggies!
Boy, am I tired and sore this morning. This is all about the first steps in the journey,right?
Well, I was craving oatmeal lately, and had gotten some great organic extra thick and tasty rolled oats from the Bob’s Red Mill, it was inexpensive, healthy, organic, and totally yummy! 🙂
Oatmeal is a great breakfast choice because it is a sustainable grain: it keeps you full all day and is chalk-full of heart healthy fiber and whole grains. I topped mine with some other great nutrients to up the potency of this bowl of oatmeal. Not just your regular oatmeal, no!
Here is the magical mix:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of light soy milk + 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- a dash of cinnamon and a dash of salt
- 1/2 banana
Throw all the ingredients in a bowl over the stove, and once the liquid starts to bowl, vigorously stir the oats until the banana melts into the mixture. You won’t need any added sugars or bad-for-you additions because the banana naturally sweetens the oatmeal. Then, top it off with 3 sliced strawberries and a tablespoon of peanut butter for protein-staying power.
Voi-la! One delicious and healthy oatmeal.
Don’t forget my cup of coffee!
For my workout, I decided to hit the spin bike. I always struggle with biking, so the more I do it, the more challenging it is and the more I can improve. Challenges are the spice of life, right?
I decided to do hill climbs and sprint intervals. (Total time 30 minutes)
- Warm up 5 minutes easy pace
- Start climb: 1 minute
- Up the climb: 1 minute
- Stand: 3o seconds, seated and recover 2 minutes
- Repeat 4x
- Lessen the resistence, sprint 30 seconds as fast as you can!
- Recover at an easy pase, 1 minute
- Repeat 4x
- Last climb! Increase resistence 1 minute
- Increase resitence, one minute
- Full out climb: out of your seat! 1 minute
- Recover, cool down 5 minutes